What are cookies?
When we talk about cookies, we are referring to small files which are automatically created by your browser and which are stored on your web-enabled device (laptop, tablet, smartphone or other) when you visit our website. Cookies do not cause any damage to the User’s device and do not contain viruses, Trojans or other malware.
A cookie is a line of text that is sent to your browser when you visit a website, then your browser sends it back to us each time you click on any of our pages. Such a cookie contains a serial number that allows us to see if there are more visits from the same device.
More general information about cookies can be found at AboutCookies.org
What cookies do we use and why?
The main purpose of the cookies we use is to reliably measure the number of Users visiting our website and the duration of each visit. We do this to remember your preferences and to help analyse the performance of the website.
To achieve this, we use a statistics program on a web server.
Our cookies fall into two categories:
- Necessary cookies – essential for the website to operate correctly. They allow us to provide services such as better performance for the User as a visitor. If these are deactivated, the User will not be able to use these services.
- Performance cookies – used to monitor website performance and highlight areas of the website that are relevant to the User’s visit. They allow us to correct errors and discover effective solutions that link specific sub-pages, content and solutions. These cookies do not collect information that can identify the User.
How can I block cookies?
- Administrator – means Vista Poland Sp. z o.o. , with its registered office in Krobanów 34, 98-220 Zduńska Wola, NIP: 8291736252, REGON: 101307855, KRS 0000399742, which provides services by electronic means, as well as stores and accesses information on the User’s devices.
- Website – means the website or application under which the Administrator runs the website, operating in the domain https://vistal.pl/
- Cookies – means computer data, in particular small text files, saved and stored on the devices through which the User uses the Website pages.
- Administrator’s Cookies – means Cookies posted by the Administrator, related to the provision of services by electronic means by the Administrator via the Website.
- External Cookies – means Cookies posted by the Administrator’s partners via the Website page.
- Device – means an electronic device through which the User gains access to the Website.
- User – means an entity to whom services by electronic means may be provided in accordance with the law or with whom an Agreement for the provision of services by electronic means may be concluded.
Types of Cookies used
- The cookies used by the Administrator are safe for the User’s Device. In particular, they do not constitute a medium for viruses or other unwanted software or malware to penetrate Users’ Devices. These files allow identifying the software used by the User and customise the Website for each User individually. Cookies usually contain the name of the domain from which they originate, the duration of storage on the Device, and a value assigned to them.
- The Administrator uses two types of cookies:
- Session cookies: stored on the User’s Device and remaining there until the end of the browser session. The stored information is then permanently deleted from the Device memory. The mechanism of session cookies does not allow collecting any personal data or any confidential information from the User’s Device.
- Permanent cookies: stored on the User’s Device and remaining there until deleted. Finishing a browser session or switching off the Device does not remove them from the User’s Device. The mechanism of permanent cookies does not allow any personal data or any confidential information to be collected from the User’s Device.
- The User can limit or disable the access of cookies to their Device. If this option is used, the User will be able to use the Website, except functions that require cookies by their nature.
Purposes for which Cookies are used
The Administrator uses Own Cookies for the following purposes:
- Website configuration:
- adjusting the content of the Website pages to the User’s preferences and optimising the use of the Website pages;
- recognising the Website User’s Device and its location and, accordingly, displaying the website, tailored to the User’s individual needs;
- remembering the settings selected by the User and personalising the User’s interface, e.g. in terms of the language selected or the User’s region;
- remembering the history of visited pages on the Website in order to recommend content;
- font size, website design, etc.
- Authentication of the User on the Website and ensuring the User’s session on the Website:
- the correct configuration of selected functions of the Website, enabling in particular the verification of the authenticity of the browser session;
- optimising and increasing the efficiency of the services provided by the Administrator.
- Implementation of the processes necessary for the full functionality of the websites:
- adjusting the content of the Website pages to the User’s preferences and optimising the use of the Website pages. In particular, these files make it possible to recognise the basic parameters of the User’s Device and to appropriately display a website tailored to their individual needs;
- the proper operation of the partnership programme, especially making it possible to verify the sources from which the Users are redirected to the Website pages.
- Remembering the user’s location:
- the correct configuration of selected functions of the Website, enabling in particular the adaptation of the information provided to the User taking into account their location.
- Analyses, studies and traffic audit:
- creating anonymous statistics that help understand how Website Users use Website pages, which enables improving their structure and content;
- Provision of advertising services:
- tailoring advertisements of third-party services and products presented via the Website;
- Ensuring the safety and reliability of the website.
The service Administrator uses External Cookies for the following purposes:
- presenting multimedia content on the Website pages which is downloaded from an external website,
- collecting general and anonymous statistical data via analytical tools:
- Google Analytics [cookie administrator: Google Inc. with its registered office in the USA]
- presenting advertisements tailored to the User’s preferences using an online advertising tool,
- logging into the website via a social networking site,
- using interactive features to popularise the website via social networking sites.
- presenting opinions on the Website pages which are downloaded from an external website.
Possibility of specifying the conditions for storing or accessing Cookies
- The User may delete Cookies at any time using the functions available in the web browser they are using.